AA Degree in Science or related field. OR Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience in shipping, receiving, warehouse supply
- Background in operating, maintaining and inventorying materials or equipment. Technical skills aptitude required to trouble shoot and address equipment issues. Good communication, problem solving and computer literacy in order to coordinate with a variety of users and maintain good organizational records. Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team to accomplish goals. Work may require walking, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds and potential exposure to chemicals, possibly irritants.
- Experience required with Windows, Copying Machine, MS Word, MS Excel
- Forklift, pallet jack
Assist in managing laboratory warehouse for field equipment and supplies. Serve as main point of contact for all shipping and receiving. Assist with sample receiving and log-in duties, ensure that all field equipment is maintained in good operating condition, ensure adequate supplies are available when needed. Additional duties may include overseeing accumulation, record keeping and off-site recycling of various materials.
- Laboratory shipping and receiving 30%
- Receive and log-in lab samples 25%
- Organize and maintain warehouse 15%
- Field equipment maintenance 15%
- User activities support 10%
- Reporting/database tracking and entry 5%
- Laboratory Health and Safety training, forklift training, business plan training
- If available onsite or nearby: Hazardous Material Shipping Training. Use of Microsoft Access database for field equipment and supplies will be provided.
- Health Safety Training: Lab Health and Safety training.
- Health and Safety Considerations: Onsite within 2 weeks of start date
- Climbing ladders and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Possible exposure to lab chemicals received in warehouse or contained in sample containers shipped to the lab.
- Required Safety Gear: hard hat, gloves, safety glasses or goggles, lab coat, shoes
- Safety Gear Use: While assisting with sample login duties, in the unlikely event of sample spill. There may be times in the course of duties where wearing a hard hat would be appropriate in the warehouse.