BA/BS Degree in Environmental Science, Agriculture, Biology, Entomology, Pest Management OR Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience in Environmental Science related to pesticide use and structural pest management including background knowledge of pesticides and IPM practices. Previously completed training in Structural pest control as a certified pest management professional.
- Previous experience as a licensed and certified structural pest control is a plus but not mandatory.
- Experience required with Windows, Fax, Copying Machine, Multiple Phone Lines, MS Word, MS Excel
Assist the EPA Region III Pesticides and Asbestos Programs Branch in implementing the School Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Program throughout the region. Duties will include meeting with the Mid-Atlantic state government agencies and school districts to determine the current School IPM regulations and policies and the level of verifiable School IPM implementation in Region III. The enrollee will meet with school administrators and facility managers for K-12 public school districts in Region III to provide outreach education and promote IPM methods of pest management in school buildings and school grounds.
- Assist in the implementaion of the Region III School IPM Program:
Visit state government agencies and school districts in Region III to determine current School IPM regulations 15%
- Develop collaborative partnerships with State and Local agencies and school districts to promote School IPM 15%
- Through effective oral and written communication, provide outreach education on IPM methods of pest management to K-12 public school districts in Region III. 60%
- Document measurable outcomes in the increase of verifiable school IPM practices implemented in K-12 public school buildings and on school grounds in Region III. 5%
- Assist EPA in developing reporting mechanisms to track program sucess. 5%
- Overnight travel: Potentially 1-2 days per week