BA/BS Degree in Degree in Science or Engineering OR Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience in With a minimum of 2 years experience in environmental program field inspections.
- Position requires technical skills sufficient to review, analyze and interpret technical regulations/requirements, and conduct site inspections to assess compliance with these requirements.
- Experience required with Windows, Copying Machine, MS Word, MS Excel
Conduct Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) inspections and Underground Storage Tank (UST) inspections, compliance assistance, and technical/administrative support.
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) inspections 70%
- Underground Storage Tanks (UST) inspections 20%
- Compliance Assistance 5%
- Technical/Administrative Office Support 5%
- All SPCC and UST requirements to acquire inspection credentials.
- Classroom and on-line training is available.
- Overnight travel: 5-10 days per month
- Rental cars: 1-5 days per month
- Health Safety Training: 24 hour Health and Safety training and annual 8 hour refresher
- Health and Safety Considerations: In-house classroom training unless Enrollee already has 40 or 24 hr Health &Safety training.
- Potential exposure at oil storage facilities.
- Required Safety Gear: hard hat, steel-toed boots, gloves.
- Safety Gear Use: Conducting field inspections