Return to Washington, DC listTo Apply
Return to Washington, DC list
Records Management Support
BA/BS Degree in Library science preferred, but not required. OR Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience in records management activities for senior federal officials. Previously completed training in Certified Records Manager or Federal Records Manager certification
- *Experience in and understanding of records management principles and practices, including identification, capture, scheduling, maintenance and disposition
- * Experience managing records of senior officials in a federal agency.
- *Solid communications and interpersonal skills (email, in person, telephone)
- *Experience with electronic content management systems preferred.
- Experience required with Windows, Fax, Copying Machine, MS Word, MS Excel
The incumbent will assist the AO Records Liaison Officer in maintaining documents and records held by the Correspondence Management System team in maintaining and providing end-user support to registered users of CMS, an EPA information technology application
- Reviews electronic and hard-copy records under OEX custody for accuracy and completeness; works with OEX staff to correct files and ensure proper management and disposition 35%
- Assists the AO RLO in day-to-day management of the AO records management program, including supporting audit activities, ECMS maintenance and interaction with the NRMP and NARA 20%
- Assists the AO RLO in performing searches of records responsive to FOIA and discovery requests. 20%
- Liaises with the AO records management community to communicate changes, provide assistance, investigate issues and collect feedback or other information 10%
- Schedules and staffs all records-related meetings and training sessions. This includes invitations, room reservations, technology needs, etc. 10%
- Prepares records for transfer to the Federal Records Center 5%