BA/BS Degree in Sciences preferred OR Minimum of 2 year(s) of experience in the environmental field in lieu of education. Previously completed training in the operation or maintenance of underground storage tanks, spill response or other environmental work.
- Must have good human relationship skills, writing and computer skills.
- Self-starter, but does not hesitate to ask questions
- Good problem solving skills
- Engineering, geology, and/or technical background a plus
- Experience required with Windows, Fax, Copying Machine, MS Word, MS Excel
Assist Wyoming Storage Tank Program personnel by providing professional and administrative support to help detect and prevent releases from underground storage tanks.
- Review and interpret submitted documentation and enter data in the storage tank database. SEE corresponds with tank owners/operators, if documentation is inadequate. If a violation is discovered during file review, the See brings the matter to the attention of Wyoming Division of Environmental Quality (WDEQ) personnel. 40%
- File submitted data. 20%
- Field questions from regulated community and public. 15%
- Other duties as assigned. 15%
- Assist with onsite inspections. Create paperwork portion of inspection, and write inspection reports. 10%
- On-site computer training to enhance/refresh existing skills. Database Entry training. Basic training in Program rules/regulations.
- Overnight travel: Less than 10 days a year to inspections sites.