Who We Are
- promotes an age-diverse workforce through expanding the employment opportunities in government agencies for individuals 55 and over,
- is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit based in Arlington, Virginia, with additional field offices in Lakewood, Colorado and Dallas, Texas;
- staff are specialists in recruiting, supporting, and managing ‘experienced’ workers who bring dedication, motivation, reliability and diverse skills to a workforce;
- since 1997 has provided over 20 million hours of support for the federal workforce via a cadre of experienced workers serving mission critical needs in two key agencies;
- was nominated as “The Best Place to Work for” in 2014, 2015 and 2019 by the NonProfit Times.
What We Can Do For You
Working with agency leadership and dedicated teams, NOWCC can:
- recruit a flexible workforce of experienced workers for jobs defined by the agency, to work closely with but not supplant federal staff, with the agency directly involved in selecting the best candidate and in charge of day-to-day duties.
- provide an integrated package of employment and human resources related services, including recruiting, hiring, orientation, payroll, electronic time-sheets, administration of health benefits (including vision and dental), separation, COBRA administration and workers’ compensation.
- create a simple, straight forward, easy-to-use, secure Web portal to provide the program and financial information needed by both the agency and the experienced worker.
NOWCC began operations in 1997 as a national nonprofit organization to promote experienced workers as a valuable and critical component of the nation’s workforce. The precursor of NOWCC was a unit inside AARP that had administered the EPA Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program for over 15 years. As the result of a strategic restructuring in 1996, AARP decided to conclude its connection with the SEE Program; because of its commitment to the value of older workers AARP facilitated the launch of a new non-profit, NOWCC, to continue administering its portion of the SEE Program and to continue to promote experienced worker programs.
What We Do
NOWCC works with government agencies to help them accomplish their mission by providing skilled and experienced workers for a variety of positions:
Who We Work With
Currently NOWCC administers the Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services (ACES) Program for the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture and for U.S. Forest Service (USFS), the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) in partnership with the AARP Foundation for U.S. Department of Labor.