Who We Are
- promotes an age-diverse workforce through expanding the employment opportunities in federal agencies for individuals 55 and over,
- is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit based in Arlington, Virginia, with additional field offices in Lakewood, Colorado and Dallas, Texas;
- staff are specialists in recruiting, supporting, and managing ‘experienced’ workers who bring dedication, motivation, reliability and diverse skills to a workforce;
- since 1997 has provided over 21.5 million hours of support for the federal workforce via a cadre of experienced workers serving mission critical needs in seven key agencies;
- was nominated as “Best Nonprofit to Work for” in 2014, 2015, 2019 and 2020 by the NonProfit Times.
What We Can Do For You
Working with agency leadership and dedicated teams, NOWCC can:
- recruit a flexible workforce of experienced workers for jobs defined by the agency, to work closely with but not supplant federal staff, with the agency involved in selecting the best candidate and in charge of day-to-day duties.
- provide an integrated package of employment and human resources related services, including recruiting, hiring, orientation, payroll, electronic time-sheets, administration of health benefits (including vision and dental), separation, COBRA administration and workers’ compensation.
- create a simple, straight forward, easy-to-use, secure Web portal to provide the program and financial information needed by both the agency and the experienced worker.
NOWCC began operations in 1997 as a national nonprofit organization to promote experienced workers as a valuable and critical component of the nation’s workforce. The precursor of NOWCC was a unit inside AARP that had administered the EPA Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program for over 15 years. As the result of a strategic restructuring in 1996, AARP decided to conclude its connection with the SEE Program; because of its commitment to the value of older workers AARP facilitated the launch of a new non-profit, NOWCC, to continue administering its portion of the SEE Program and to continue to promote experienced worker programs.
National Older Worker Career Center (NOWCC) is now doing business as the National Experienced Workforce Solutions (NEWSolutions).
What We Do
NOWCC works with federal agencies to help them accomplish their mission by providing skilled and experienced workers for a variety of positions:
Who We Work With
Currently NOWCC administers the Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services (ACES) Program for the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and for U.S. Forest Service (USFS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture: the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) in partnership with the AARP Foundation for U.S. Department of Labor and the Experienced Service Program (ESP) for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and the National Park Service (NPS) and the Fish & Wildlife Services (FWS) of the U.S. Department of the Interior, as well as for the Economic Research Service (ERS), National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), and Agricultural Research Service (ARS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.