Assist the Area and Field Offices with program support activities in the implementation of resource management and conservation planning.
- Provide technical and administrative support to deliver conservation planning efforts to landowners participating in USDA Farm Bill programs. Duties include conservation planning and application assistance, ranking criteria, payment document preparation and submittal, and filing. Other duties as assigned. 30%
- Assist with practice applications. Duties include field investigations, topographic site surveying, practice analysis and design, layout, construction inspection, status reviews, and development of as built plans. 30%
- Assist NRCS employees with activities that supports the implementation of Farm Bill programs. Duties include typing, copying, editing, and mailing documents. Case file management, prepare files, scanning, analyzing data, developing tracking methods, and other electronic files. 20%
- Communicates orally and in writing. Communicates with managers, employees, and the public. Prepares letters, reports, and email communications. 20%
HS/GED Degree OR Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience in related to position duties.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Experience required with Windows, Copying Machine, MS Word, MS Excel
- Database, Agency Specific; Business Machines, Telephone
- Mandatory USDA Computer Security Awareness and Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Training.
- Incumbent will be trained on Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) software, such as but not limited to, Protracts, Toolkit and Performance Results System.
- Overnight travel: Overnight travel will be rare, but may need to drive a Government vehicle on occasion.