The employee will be a national resource to assist Regions and Forests with reviewing, processing, and administering various special uses permits. Primary focus will be on relieving backlog of expiring permits.
- Administers various aspects of the Special Uses program, including administering a variety of special use authorizations (permits, leases, and/or easements) for a variety of special uses and assisting with entering and updating data. 30%
- Provide support and assistance to units in the administering complex special uses authorizations. 30%
- Assist with generating and tracking cost recovery and land use bills for special uses. Queries and generates Special Use Database System (SUDS) reports and user views for use in administration. 25%
- Provides technical advice on the appropriate authorities and fees for issuance of special use authorizations in accordance with policy, law, regulations, and local conditions. 10%
- Travels to various units to assist with processing special use authorization reissuances, terminations, revocations, or suspensions as needed. 5%
HS/GED Degree OR Minimum of 10 year(s) of experience in
- The enrollee should have experience with forest or regional level administration of lands special uses program. Have working knowledge of how to administer complex special uses permits as well as managing data in SUDS. There is a high degree of independent judgement and initiative required in assigned areas of responsibility and related areas. The enrollee will work closely with the national special uses program manager.
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point
- Special Uses Database System (SUDS)
- Special Uses Database System user training
- Overnight travel: Overnight travel could occur on a case by case basis