HS/GED Degree OR Minimum of 15 year(s) of experience in relevant experience in related field.
- Must possess:
- A valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of a wide range of technical civil engineering methods, principles and techniques sufficient to develop and review plans, specifications and estimates for proposed Forest Service roads and associated structures in support of timber sale projects.
- Knowledge of construction techniques to interpret and apply them to contract plans and specifications.
- Knowledge and detail experience related to completing timber sale road packages and performing inspection of them.
- Knowledge of safe work practices and hazard analysis.
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word, MS Excel
- TIM - Timber Information Manager
- Arc GIS
This individual is considered to have a demonstrated range of engineering experience, knowledge and judgment to provide mentoring and training in: transportation planning and design, road construction and road maintenance practices to incorporate into timber sale planning, timber sale road design and contract preparation; and inspection of construction activities. Also provide assistance in compiling timber sale road packages.
- Provide mentoring and training to Forest Service personnel in design, contract preparation and inspection of roads and development of roads packages to support timber sales. 50%
- Performs transportation planning, design and contract preparation for timber sale area road packages. 50%
- Health and Safety Considerations: Review of appropriate Job Hazard Analysis for given projects. ACES monitor to approve.
- Required Safety Gear: Personal protective gear such as gloves, hard hat, steel-toed shoes, safety vest and safety goggles/glasses.
- Safety Gear Use: Personal protective gear such as gloves, hard hat, steel-toed shoes, safety vest and safety goggles/glasses.