Provide Easement Program with monitoring and oversight to ensure that appropriate and accurate documentation supports program expenditures.
- Easement program monitoring and oversight to ensure that appropriate and accurate supporting documents substantiate the payment requests; research and verify compliance with the provisions of the long-term contract agreement and procedures and are within the obligated spending limits prior to submission of payment in the electronic system. Validates and confirms accrual and payment processes for Farm Bill program activities. Other duties as assigned. 25%
- Maintains state office program files and tracking systems. Utilizes electronic files to maintain and provide information to staff across the state and nation. Provides National Easement Staging Tool (NEST) support and electronic file systems. 25%
- Assists the Assistant State Conservationist - Easements researching obligations and disbursements for various appropriations, funds and object classes. Ensures sufficient funds are available. 25%
- Communicates orally and in writing. Reviews and confirms adequacy and accuracy of documentation, compliance with regulations and justification of vouchers, invoices, claims, statements and other requests for payment for goods and services provided to or by the government and satisfaction in fulfilling contractual obligations. 25%
AA Degree in Business management, natural resources, or related field of study. OR Minimum of 10 year(s) of experience in business management, natural resources, or related field of study.
- Mandatory USDA-Computer Security Awareness and Freedom of Information/Privacy Act training.
- Training in NRCS policy and procedures to include: Conservation Program Contract administration and NAPST payment procedures.
- Overnight travel: Infrequently