MA/MS Degree in Business Administration, English or related discipline OR Minimum of 15 year(s) of experience in related field.
- Experienced with U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO) Style
- Understanding economic and/or scientific research material and writing/editing it in a language and form that is understandable and usable to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to understand the principles of accessibility for all audiences, including those with physical impairments and to create documents that are Section 508 compliant.
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word
This position is considered temporary and is currently funded for approximately 52 weeks with the possibility of an extension.Provides editorial support and assists with the publishing production process for various types of publications. Conducts pre-edit reviews and proofreading of manuscripts and may write public information materials for varied audiences.
- Edits manuscripts, articles, and reports; rewrites for clarity and accuracy. Ensures that manuscripts and periodicals are consistent with USDA policies, U.S. Government Publishing Office style rules, and ERS standards. Advises researchers on matters of editorial style, format, composition of charts and tables, clearance, and distribution in a positive manner. Observes security procedures for preventing premature dissemination of forecast and statistical material for scheduled release. 50%
- Ensures movement of documents through the revision and clearance process, including ensuring the accuracy of documents required for the content management system posting process. This includes coordinating clearances and working with writers/technical researchers, technical staff, and clearance officials; and shepherding articles through multi-Agency approval; and reviewing the final publication. 50%