BA/BS Degree in Chemistry or related degree OR Minimum of 8 year(s) of experience in Chemistry or related experience Previously completed training in database utilization and maintenance.
- some fluency in Spanish preferred, but not essential
- Experience required with MS Word, Excel, Copying Machine
The individual will support the Section Chiefs and staff needs in the areas of Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know (EPCRA), the Risk Management Plan (RMP) and the Clean Water Act (CWA) by conducting inspections and providing feedback on progress conditions at operating facilities. In addition, the individual will support the Section Chief and staff in the area of database input and management.
- Plan for and conduct EPCRA, CWA and RMP inspections at selected facilities 40%
- Provide input on chemical information supplied by facilities 5%
- Inspection follow-up, completion of the inspection forms and reports and participating in discussion 15%
- Provide database assistance by entering and managing data into the appropriate databases 40%
- The enrollee will complete all required training prior to conducting field work, i.e. Basic Inspector Training and Health & Safety Training.
- Overnight travel: Once or twice per month
- Air travel anticipated: Possible of travel to Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands, In addition to travel to US cities for training.
- Rental cars: Once or twice per month
- Health Safety Training: The enrollee will take the required Basic Inspector training and Mandatory Health and Safety training before doing field work.
- Health and Safety Considerations: The enrollee will take the required Basic Inspector training and Mandatory Health and Safety training before doing field work.
- It is not expected that the enrollee will be exposed to any arduous activity or to any potential exposure to toxic substances, but as a precaution since the enrollee will be conducting field activities where unknowns might be present - medical monitoring is required.
- Required Safety Gear: Hard hat, work boots with steel toes and safety glasses
- Safety Gear Use: Steel toes boots, safety glasses, hardhat and a personal flotation devise.